Prices Rates per Inspection
INSPECTION PRICES VARY
The inspections will vary as they are for different things. But for most people they want the Pre-Purchase Inspection. That includes the Building Inspection, the Termite and Timber Pest Inspection, the Energy Rating and the Compliance Report. Plus you get the government file of plans. We have the other inspections too. And if you think you need to speak about the price, please call us. Generally, travel costs will vary, but travelling to Yass is within the below prices. Towns beyond Yass start at $50 extra.
All prices include GST.
There are also Staged Completion Inspections, Commercial inspections, Dilapidation Reports, Legal Reports, Expert Witness Reports, Court Attendance and more. Just ring, and ask.
Standard Pre-Purchase ACT
- Building Inspection, Termites and Timber Pest, Compliance Report, Energy Efficiency Report – if needed, Conveyancing File. This includes the government fees for the conveyancing file, and the Energy Rating Report. It includes submitting the files to ACTPLA. Price is cheaper if an Energy Rating isn’t needed. Ring us and find out. Don’t overpay.
Building Inspection Only
- In Canberra/ACT. These inspections are just for the building. They can be for houses, shops, medical centres, and so on. They also are the same base price for country homes in NSW. Travel to remote places is extra. Extra buildings on farms are extra.
Building & Timber Pest
- Canberra/NSW. This is the Building Inspection and the Termite and Timber Pest Inspection. This is for selected inner areas of NSW. Any further out may incur additional travel costs. For more buildings than the residence, the price may be more too. See travel costs above.
New Home Completion
- Canberra/ACT. This is for houses and units. It is up to the client to arrange to have the agent or the builder/supervisor present. These reports might be long. In the house version we are also looking to make it easy to get the builder to fix what is found. Bigger homes could be more.
- Canberra/ACT. These are small factories, small medical facilities, small shops and so on. They are a basic standard building inspection, without the termite and timber pest. Like in a home we test the basics. It is all non intrusive and many photographs are common.
- This can vary but we say it is above until we get a firmer idea. For example, if it is a court case, it might mean waiting for a magistrate, a lawyer and so on. If it is insurance the time on site is less but the reports are more. This just needs to be fair.
- TWO STORIES: A two story house with four inspections. These are Plate Height on the ground floor, Plate Height next floor, roof on with Lock Up, and then the Practical Completion Inspection. One story homes are $100 less. But call us.
Walk Through Home
- This is for sellers who want a walk through the home with us, identifying items, explaining them, so they can be fixed and not end up on the report. You then have a great sale, maximizing your inspection. You have the edge.