Prices Rates per Inspection
INSPECTION PRICES VARY
The inspections will vary as they are for different things. Many people from Canberra want the full Pre-Purchase Inspection for selling. That includes the Building Inspection, the Termite and Timber Pest Inspection, the Energy Rating and the Compliance Report. Plus you get the government file of plans.
Our Pre-Purchase Building Inspection just before you buy is also very popular in ACT and NSW. In ACT it is popular before any purchase and some bank lenders insist on it for a unit purchase. And in ACT, for quite a few people like a second opinion against the seller’s building inspector. And that is fine too.
We have many other inspections too. And if you think you need to speak about the price, please call us.
Generally, travel costs will vary, but travelling to Yass and Bungendore in NSW is within the below prices. So is Googong, Karabar and Queanbeyan, within New South Wales. So, with ACT in the centre you can see how far out we will travel and back.
Towns beyond Yass start at $70 extra. We have been as far as Major’s Creek and Lake Eucumbene. That is, we travel a couple of hours there and back if you require it and pay for the travel. We do not mind travelling. Australia is a magnificent country and it is a privilege to experience it. Call us for the price of the travel time.
All prices here include GST.
There are also Staged Completion Inspections, different Commercial Inspections, Dilapidation Reports, Legal Reports, Expert Witness Reports, Court Attendance and more. Just ring, and ask.
How I work is that I try to do your work, as I would want you to do your work for me. I try to treat others the same as I would like them to treat me. My prices are as follows.
Standard Pre-Purchase ACT
- Building Inspection, Termites and Timber Pest, Compliance Report, Energy Efficiency Report – if needed, Conveyancing File. This includes the government fees for the conveyancing file, and the Energy Rating Report. It includes submitting the files to ACTPLA. Price is cheaper if an Energy Rating isn’t needed. Ring us and find out. Don’t overpay.
Building Inspection Only
- In Canberra/ACT. These inspections are just for the building. They can be for houses, units, townhouses, and so on. This is a general for all inspection. It is the same base price for country homes in close by NSW. Travel to remote places is extra, as is extra buildings on farms.
Building & Timber Pest
- Canberra/NSW. This is the standard Building Inspection, but with the Termite and Timber Pest Inspection as well. This is for selected close by areas of NSW. Further out may incur additional travel costs. For more buildings than the residence, the price may be more too. See travel costs above.
New Unit Completion
- Canberra/ACT. This is for smaller units and the client must be present. The client arranges the agent or the builder/supervisor to be present. The owner checks their own inclusions are present. These reports might be long. In this we are also looking to make it easy to get the builder to fix what is found.
- Canberra/ACT. These are small factories, small medical facilities, small shops and so on. They are a basic standard building inspection, without the termite and timber pest. Like in a home we test the basics. It is all non intrusive and many photographs are common. Bigger buildings and checking against drawings is more.
- This can vary but we say it is above until we get a firmer idea. For example, if it is a court case, it might mean waiting for a magistrate, a lawyer and so on. If it is insurance the time on site is less but the reports are more. This just needs to be fair. Contact us for more.
- MULTIPLE PACKAGE: The first inspection is $400 + GST. All inspections after that are $300 + GST each. Your last is the Practical Completion Inspection at $497 + GST. You tailor this to your stages. Five or six inspections are usual but can be more. See our separate page.
Extra Inspection Time
- This can include going to council building departments to look at plans, buy plans, read plans, read contracts, examine documents, return to the site for any reason, inspect extra or bigger buildings, particularly commercial. Do extra travel, and so on. Vehicle included.